Images From Word for CKEditor
- CKEditor 4. At the moment, the plugin is only supported for CKEditor 4.x.
- Image uploads already configured in CKEditor. Here is a tutorial to enable image uploads in CKEditor.
- For image uploading, we recommend using the SimpleUploads plugin to avoid extra clicks to users. Please, check the demo to appreciate the differences.
- Browser's: We recommend using latest version of all the major browsers. Firefox seems to have intermitent failures and it might not work at all depending on your setup, for reliable results it's better to switch to another browser. Safari isn't supported because it's MacOS only.
- MS Word. The origin of the copied data must be Microsoft Word for Windows; other programs do not include the information of the images that are in the content. On MacOS, Finder doesn't allow to paste the path of files that you want to select, so we can't use our solution for Windows.
Installation (1/2): Copy the files
Extract the contents of the zip in you plugins directory, so it ends up like this:
ckeditor\ ... images\ lang\ plugins\ ... imagesfromword\ plugin.js dialogs\ docs\ lang\ ... skins\ themes\
Installation (2/2): Add the plugin to CKEditor
Now add the plugin in your config.js or custom js configuration file, adding a line like the following one:
If you're already using other extraPlugins, then you must add it to the end with a comma:
If desired, you can see other options to add the plugin to CKEditor.